What are the requirements to use the SPF?
The SPF may be used only for AAUW CA state or branch projects or AAUW CA local scholarships. These projects or scholarships must support the AAUW mission.
An application must be submitted to the SPF. The Special Projects Fund Application Form is located in the Forms section of this website. Send the Application Form via email to email@example.com AND mail a hard copy to AAUW CA Special Projects Fund, P.O. Box 160067, Sacramento, CA 93516-‐0067.
Is the Project Eligible to Use the SPF?
To be eligible, a project must satisfy the following:
- The SPF supports projects that promote education and equity for all women and girls and support the AAUW Mission.
- Projects that seek to influence legislation, support candidates for office, benefit solely AAUW members or individuals are specifically excluded.
- The project has a minimum project budget of $1000.
What are the Criteria for a Project to use the SPF?
The SPF Board of Directors will consider each project separately, according to the following criteria:
- Goal or purpose of the project
- Description of the project
- Who it will serve
- Proposed budget detailing revenue and expenses
- The project must have a budget of $1000 or more
- Number of members and community partners involved
- Expected outcomes
- Proof of current participation in AAUW California Liability Insurance
- Ongoing support of AAUW Funds, the national AAUW 501(c)3 organization
Successful SPF applicants (“clients”) must satisfy the following criteria:
- Have a minimum annual budget of $1,000 to be considered for use of SPF
- Guarantee an initial deposit of $250 to be submitted with the signed Letter of Agreement.
- Projects must agree to a time commitment of a minimum of one year.
- Scholarships must agree to a time commitment of a minimum of two years.
- A branch project or scholarship must use the SPF as its sole fiduciary agent.
- All monies received for the project or scholarship will be deposited with SPF within 45 days of receipt.
- All expenses incurred for the project or scholarship shall be submitted to SPF for payment within 45 days of the date of the expense receipt.
- Scholarship moneys will be awarded upon receipt by SPF of a voucher and W-‐9 for the entity to which the moneys are to be paid.